Bank of Maldives has announced the recipients of BML Sports Scholarship introduced as part of the series of 12 high impact monthly community initiatives to celebrate the Bank’s 40th anniversary.
The Scholarship was announced to support athletes achieve their sporting potential through targeted programs and provide fully funded scholarships for top national athletes to train and develop at recognized high performance training centres worldwide.
President of Maldives Olympic Committee, Mohamed Abdul Sattar, BML CEO and Managing Director, Karl Stumke, officials from the Maldives Olympic Committee and representatives from the national sporting associations attended the ceremony held this morning to announce the winners at the Male’ Table Tennis Hall.
- Mariyam Ru-ya Ali, Athletics, Kingston Jamaica
- Mohamed Minhal Shamin, Athletics, Kingston Jamaica
- Mohamed Salim Abdul Samadm, Badminton, Dubai UAE
- Shuma Mohamed Shareef, Badminton, Dubai UAE
- Fatihmath Jumana Nimal, Table tennis, Zagreb, Croatia
- Moosa Munsif Ahmed, Table tennis, Zagreb, Croatia
- Layan Mohamed Shamin, Tennis, Barcelona, Spain
The Scholarships was open to all registered national sports associations and the athletes were selected by Maldives Olympic Committee.